Who We Are
The Chaplains’ Network connects Lutheran chaplains serving in healthcare fields across the country. Many of our chaplains relate to aging services, but Network chaplains serve in virtually all healthcare and institutional settings. Lutheran Services in America also welcomes chaplains of other faith groups who serve in Lutheran organizations.
The Chaplains’ Network fosters peer support and professional development of chaplains and other spiritual care givers by: facilitating communication and idea exchange; advocating for quality spiritual care; and sponsoring conferences.
Our vision is to:
- Foster communication and exchange of information among chaplains providing spiritual care
- Provide a network of support of chaplains and others serving in a wide variety of settings
- Further the development of Clinical Pastoral Education
- Provide referral for ecclesiastical Specialized Pastoral Care Endorsement and for professional certification
- Plan and provide training opportunities through conferences to benefit members and others in their ministries
- Advocate for quality spiritual care
- Develop resources to enhance and enrich spiritual care ministries to and with persons in congregations and specialized settings
To receive the Center For Spirituality and Ethics in Aging e-newsletter, "CSEA Spirit," visit the Center website.
Caring Connections: An Inter-Lutheran Journal for Practitioners and Teachers of Pastoral Care and Counseling is written by and for Lutheran practitioners and educators in the fields of pastoral care, counseling, and education to promote both breadth and depth of reflection on the theology and practice of ministry in Lutheran tradition. Caring Connections is sponsored by the Chaplains' Network. Caring Connections receives generous support from Lutheran Services of America in hosting issues for Caring Connections and supporting the subscription process.
Endorsement and certification
- Association of Professional Chaplains membership application information
- The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
- ELCA Endorsement Guidelines, Process and Application Forms
- LCMS Endorsement Guidelines, Process, and Application
- LCMS Specialized Pastoral Ministry (SPM) Scholarship
Other links of interest
Become a Member
To join, complete the membership application.