This role will be responsible for all aspects of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service solicitation of philanthropic support from corporations, foundations and church bodies. This role reports to the VP of Development/Outreach and will be responsible for developing and implementing a solicitation strategy that includes prospect identification, research, cultivation, proposal writing and stewardship.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field; three years’ development experience with two years’ demonstrated success writing grants and proposals
- Self-motivated and goal-driven
- Excellent problem-solving, relationship management, organizational/prioritization skills
- Strong personal computer (PC) skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe, Internet searching; ability to learn new software as necessary
- Basic knowledge of online prospect research tools, Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems such as Salesforce, and donor management software such as Raiser's Edge; proficiency in project management software desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed, up to 20%.