This position provides oversight and coordinates programming for the assigned program. Programming will directly address guests’ barriers and enable a smooth transition from homelessness into next step housing. The Coordinator works with Otto’s Place Manager and the Director of Emergency Services to facilitate development and expansion of services and facility through engaging with the community and building networks. Time is divided between leading shift coverage, supervising front line staff, administrative tasks, schedule management, and case management support.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field strongly desired, master’s degree a plus. Or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
- A minimum of 1-years’ experience in a human/social services setting with a focus on homelessness, supportive housing, mental illness, substance abuse, employment, or domestic violence, strongly desired.
- A minimum of 1-years’ experience in direct supervision/management of people, desired.
- Experience in outreach, case management and other direct service delivery for housing insecure families and individuals, required.
- Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, required.
- Awareness and/or training around issues of equity, intersectionality, and belonging.