Lutheran Services in America is a network of 300 health and human service nonprofits. Our network provides a broad range of services that reach one in 50 people in America including children, youth and families, older adults, refugees, people with disabilities and veterans. We are the network’s national office dedicated to bringing the collective power of our network and strategic partners together in new ways to achieve a healthier, more equitable future.
Join the Lutheran Services in America team and work directly with leaders from the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors to advance the mission of one the largest and most impactful national nonprofit networks in the country. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Donor Relations & Stewardship Manager will manage relationship building with current and prospective funders. Successful candidates will have knowledge of fundraising best practices, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
What You’ll Bring
You have a passion for fundraising and communicating the impact of our organization’s powerful mission and vision. You have previous experience working with new and existing donors, foundations and corporations and you have excellent communications skills. You also have a keen attention to detail and are highly organized to effectively manage a wide range of activities, including managing all aspects of gifts processing and developing content for donor communications. In addition, you’re able to conduct prospect research and analysis, and prepare donor briefings and responses to donor inquiries.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience stewarding and cultivating donors
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional written, verbal and project management skills
- Creative and flexible in identifying opportunities to meaningfully connect with donors at different giving levels in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Ability to work well alone and with others
- Experience using a data management platform strongly preferred
- Comfort working in a faith-based environment
A minimum of 2 years of fundraising experience.
Bachelor’s degree in communications preferred.
Send a cover letter detailing your specific fundraising experience along with a writing sample and resume to Deborah Hoesly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Category: Manager/Administrator