Join Lutheran Services in America and work with one of the leading nonprofit provider networks in the country dedicated to addressing the complex challenges facing people and communities today. In this role, you will be responsible for developing new pathways to reach more donors and increase the individual giving portfolio. The Leadership Gifts Officer must be a seasoned fundraiser with a proven track record of inspiring commitment from a variety of donors.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Leadership Gifts Officer will work closely with the Lutheran Services in America team and Board of Directors to focus efforts on increasing annual cash gifts and special transformational gifts from individuals.
What You’ll Do
The Leadership Gifts Officer will be responsible for cultivating new relationships with prospective donors as well as advancing key relationships and when appropriate, preparing staff, including the President & CEO and Vice President of Development, for relationship building opportunities. This position both leads and supports others in leading.
What We’re Looking for
- Proven strategic leader with a track record of delivering philanthropic growth.
- Demonstrated success in developing the case for support, aligning organizational needs with donor interests and executing strategic innovative fundraising plans to grow philanthropy and exceed goals.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to build plans for short- and long-term strategic growth.
- Experience providing training and guidance for staff on best practices that empower them to advance new donor relationships.
- Commitment to our faith-based mission and vision.
Five years of professional-level fundraising experience with a background in major gifts fundraising. Preferred candidates will have a proven track record of successfully soliciting and closing gifts and/or a successful performance in managing and growing an annual fundraising program.
A bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
About Lutheran Services in America
Lutheran Services in America is a national network of 300 Lutheran health and human services organizations that reaches one in 50 people in the United States each year. Recognized by The Chronicle of Philanthropy and Forbes as one of the nation’s top nonprofit organizations, the Lutheran Services in America network operates with more than $23 billion in combined annual revenue. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Lutheran Services in America leads innovative collaborations with partners in philanthropy, academia, healthcare and business to address the most critical challenges in our communities and empower people to lead their best lives. Learn more at lutheranservices.org.
Send a cover letter and resume to Deborah Hoesly, Vice President of Development, at email@example.com.