The Program Director is responsible for managing the Unaccompanied Refugee Minor (URM) Program for the Foster Care Services Department in the Virginia region. As an agency representative, provides program education to various community organizations for the purpose of foster parent recruitment and services for minors. Provide clinical, administrative and staff development support to staff and monitor the quality of service delivery in compliance with contract and jurisdictional regulations for foster care programs.
- Maintain and exercise a working knowledge of Virginia foster care laws and processes
- Maintain current knowledge of the U.S. Resettlement Program;
- Maintain current knowledge of all Refugee and Immigrant Services;
- Develop and maintain written guidelines governing program operations
- Interface with the Office of Newcomer Service (ONS), VDSS and the Office of Refugee Resettlement at the Department of Human Services;
- Participate in public speaking engagements related to adoption and services provided by the organization;
- Participate in outreach activities for the purpose of promotion awareness of and advocacy of foster care and marketing services;
- Provide leadership, coaching, support and supervision to program staff, interns and contractors;
- Other duties as assigned.