The Family Stabilization Initiative aims to address the disproportionate number of children of color separated from their families through out-of-home placements by enabling organizations to expand programs to new communities, provide integrated services, and implement evidence-based models to strengthen families and improve equitable outcomes for children and youth. Funded by a $4.25 million grant, the initiative underscores our longstanding focus on strengthening families.
This three-year initiative will partner with four social ministry organizations including:
- AK Child & Family (Alaska)
- Lutheran Community Services Northwest (Washington)
- Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota
- St. John’s United (Montana)
- News announcement (August 2021)