Statement on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
The guilty verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial is a step forward in accountability, but Lutheran Services in America stands ready to continue the march to advance a just and equitable society. View the full statement from Charlotte Haberaecker, President and CEO of Lutheran Services in America.
Additional statements on equity and justice:
- Lutheran Services in America is proud to join with dozens of leading national nonprofits to issue a Statement of Guiding Principles to Advance Racial Equity and Justice.
- Statement on equity and unity following the death of George Floyd.
The Innovator and Micah Awards
We recognized two of our members for their exceptional work and exemplifying our core values with our first annual Innovator and Micah Awards.
- The Innovator Award winner: Genacross Lutheran Services
- The Micah Award winner: Lutheran Social Services of New York
Find details about the awards, winners, and nominees from across the country.
Lasting Change Campaign
The Lasting Change Campaign is a three-year fundraising campaign with a $1 million goal to achieve a healthier, more equitable future for millions of Americans. Pledge your support today and the first $250,000 in Campaign gifts will be matched dollar-to-dollar by the Thrivent Foundation. To pledge your support, you can:
- Make a gift online
- Mail a check made payable to “Lutheran Services in America” with “Lasting Change Campaign” in the memo line to: Attn: Development Office, 100 Maryland Avenue, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20002
- Email your pledge form to Deborah Hoesly, V.P. of Development