Director – Children, Youth and Family Practice Lead
Lutheran Services in America
Posted: December 2021
ABOUT US >
As Director – Children, Youth and Family Practice Lead you will lead the Lutheran Services in America Result Innovation Lab, committed to empowering emerging leaders with the tools and capacity to address systems change and dramatically improve the trajectory of 20,000 vulnerable children in America by 2024. In this role you will work directly with emerging leaders of some of the largest children, youth and family provider organizations across the country, with a focus on leadership development and collaborative learning to drive systems change with a focus on empowering families in crisis. Lutheran Services in America is committed to supporting families to prevent out of home placements in the child welfare system and creating more equitable outcomes for youth of color in foster care who represent a disproportionate share of youth in the child welfare system.
The successful candidate will have experience leading collaborative work, or related programming with child welfare providers, a strong understanding of the child welfare system and a passion to work with provider organizations across the country to empower families and prevent children from entering the child welfare system.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the program design and delivery of multiple learning collaboratives, working with leaders from provider organizations and stakeholders from healthcare, academia, and philanthropy to effectively implement strategic initiatives that support families and prevent out of home placements.
- Leverage existing partnerships and build new relationships with national foundations and other partners such as health insurers and healthcare systems to bring additional stakeholders to the work.
- Manage all aspects of the Results Innovation Lab initiatives, including working directly with subgrantees and partners to expand implementation of innovative programs funded by national foundations, payers and other partners.
- Write grant reports and proposals to foundation partners and other key stakeholders as well as support a wide variety of communications efforts to reach the broader child welfare sector with the learnings and innovation of the Results Innovation Lab.
- Curate monthly newsletter and share timely insights with the broader provider member base.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong understanding of community-based child welfare programs such as juvenile justice, congregate care, foster care, school diversion programs, behavioral health and other community-based programing.
- A commitment to race equity and equipping emerging leaders with the tools and skills to address the systemic and implicit biases in the child welfare system.
- Working knowledge and commitment to realizing the promise of the Family First Prevention Services Act
- Strong project management and grant management skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills, organizational leadership and experience engaging with emerging leaders a plus!
- 4-6 years relevant experience in nonprofit, child welfare, foundation, research institute, membership organization or equivalent experience.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Work, Human Services or related field.