A national network of faith-based providers advocating for and supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
At Our Core
Lutheran Services in America-Disability Network (LSA-DN) is a nationwide network of Lutheran social ministry organizations, faith-based organizations and Lutheran professionals supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD) and related conditions. Associated with Lutheran Services in America, LSA-DN includes 16 member organizations from across the United States.
As a nationwide network of faith-based providers, we share best practices in service delivery and work together to advocate for person-centered support and improvements to long-term services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Together, LSA Disability Network members:
- Urge action from key government and administration decision makers on policy changes to benefit the people we serve
- Create and share advocacy tools that give us a powerful voice in national advocacy efforts
- Learn to become and hone our skills as advocates through training, Capitol Hill visits, and more
- Speak as one voice in national coalitions
- Exchange best practices at the national and local level with other faith-based ID/DD service providers
- Navigate today's complex and changing service environment
Our Enduring Values
Founded in faith: Our roots are Lutheran with a strong emphasis on Gospel witness through service to God’s people regardless of religion, race, gender or creed. Our members are well-established in their respective communities, tied to neighborhood congregations and have met local needs for more than a century.
National scope - local service: Together, we reach across the country to share successes. Individually, we offer local and personal services within our communities.
Breadth of services: Our members share expertise in developing and providing high-quality, person-centered support, including rehabilitation services, work programs, residential services, respite care and independent living. We respect the rights of those we support.
Community boards of directors: Members are accountable to volunteer board members not stockholders who work to ensure the members meet individual and community needs.
A mutually supporting partnership: Our members have established partnerships with one another to link resources and skills in order to better serve our communities and constituents.
Reinvested in mission: Our members invest surplus revenue in service. We are by mission to meet the health, spiritual, intellectual and emotional needs of those we support.
- Aptiv (Associate Member)
- Graceworks Enhanced Living
- Lutheran Ministries of Mercy
- Lutheran Services Carolinas
- Lutheran Services in Iowa
- Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
- Lutheran Social Services of Southern California
- Mill Neck Family of Organizations
- St. Joseph Home (Associate Member)
LSA-DN advocates for person-centered Medicaid and overall improved long-term services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Visit our Policy and Advocacy section to read our policy priorities and other updates.
Questions? Contact Doug Walter, Lutheran Services in America’s Director of Public Policy and Advocacy - Disability Network.
LSA-DN members: See the resources page (below) for in-depth advocacy and shared materials.
Become a Member
LSA-DN encourages Lutheran social ministry organizations and other faith-based organizations supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as Lutheran professionals working in the field, to join the network. Check out the Become a Member section for more information.
- Doug Walter, Director of Public Policy and Advocacy - Disability Network, Lutheran Services in America
- Lisa Morgan, Chief Operating Officer, enCircle, LSA-DN Convener
- Myra Griffie, Chief Operating Officer, Lutheran Services Carolinas, LSA-DN Treasurer
|Follow LSA-DN on Twitter|
|Join LSA-DN's Facebook Page|